The Ritter Observatory Public Archive
Sample spectrum of the supergiant star ρ Cassiopeiae in the Hα region. To see a mosaic of all 9 échelle orders, click here.
New spectra are continually being added.
- In publications employing data from this archive, users are requested to acknowledge that this archive is supported by the National Science Foundation Program for Research and Education with Small Telescopes (PREST).
- Please provide citations to any publications employing Ritter data to the observatory director, Jon Bjorkman, and to the archive manager.
All files are in FITS format.
These spectra have been subjected to normal spectroscopic data processing, namely bias subtraction, flat fielding, extraction, and wavelength calibration.
Before you use the data for science, we strongly recommend that you consult the following information.
Archive of spectra. To search by HD number, click here.
- Telluric standard stars, mostly rapidly-rotating A- and B-type main-sequence stars - updates continue July, 2012
- Artificial template spectra for telluric line removal
- Radial-velocity standard stars, mostly K-type giants - updates in progress February, 2012
- Novae and V838 Mon
- Cepheid variables
- Chromospherically active stars - updates in progress February, 2012
- Slowly Pulsating B Stars
- 53 Per (B4 IV)
- ι Her (B3 IV; data are discussed in Chapellier et al. 2000, 2000A&A...362..189C and were the subject of an MS thesis by Chris Mulliss (PDF, 892k; figures scanned and pasted in, hence display at lower resolution than original)
- Spectroscopic binary stars
- 2 Cnc (G8 III)
- 22 Vul (G2 I)
- 58 Per (K4 III)
- 6 Lac (B2 IV)
- 73 Leo (K3 III)
- AR Cas (B3 V)
- AX Mon (B2 IIIpshevar; data included in Elias et al. 1997, 1997ApJ...484..394E)
- β Lyr (B7 Ve)
- β Per (B8 V)
- β Tri (A5 III)
- CX Dra (B2.5 Ve)
- δ Sco (B0.2 IVe; data included in Miroshnichenko et al. 2003, 2003A&A...408..305M)
- η Lyr (B2.5 IV)
- η UMa (B3 V)
- HD 3322 (B8 IIImnp)
- HD 18778 (A7 III-IV)
- HD 48099 (O6e)
- HD 180554 (B4 IV)
- HD 190229 (B9mnp)
- HD 191612 (O8fpe)
- HD 197770 (B2 III; data included in K.D. Gordon et al. 1998, 1998AJ....115.2561G)
- HD 211838 (B8 IIImnp)
- HD 219749 (B9p)
- HD 220057 (B2 IV)
- ι Ori (O9 III; data included in Marchenko et al. 2000, 2000MNRAS.317..333M)
- λ Eri (B2 IVne; data included in Kambe et al. 1998, 1998ASPC..135..145K)
- U Cep (B8 V+)
- U Sge (B8 III+)
- V644 Mon (Ape) - data discussed in J. P. Aufdenberg and B. W. Bopp 1994, "Anisotropic Outflow in the Symbiotic/Be Star V644 Monocerotis," in Interacting Binary Stars, ASP Conf. Ser. 56, 364 and J. P. Aufdenberg 1995, "The Peculiar Interacting Binary V644 Monocerotis," BAAS, 26, 1345
- ξ UMa (G0 V)
- ζ2 CrB (B7 V; data included in K.D. Gordon and C.L. Mulliss 1997, 1997PASP..109..221G)
- Post-AGB stars
- Symbiotic stars
- Selected hot emission-line stars, including supergiant stars
- Selected OB stars
- Selected A stars
- Selected FG stars
- Selected KM stars
- β Cephei stars
- Shell stars
- Solar System Objects
Back to Ritter Observatory home page
Nancy D. Morrison
Page last updated: November 17, 2014