UTSPS: General Meeting
- Meeting moved to MH4009 because of the large crowd of 25.
- Talked about the success of the TAA star party
- Film: "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
- Free Pizza and Pop
- Begins with Dr. Nancy Morrison
"Looking for and applying to Graduate Schools" on Sept. 29th
- Second will be Dr. Bopp "Teaching physics and
astronomy with demonstrations" on Monday, Oct. 24th at 3pm in MH2002
- We might listen in live or do it later in the semester.
- Involves helping to start up astronomy clubs at local elementary schools and continuing the partnership initiated last fall
- The first of these is on Sept. 22nd. we will meet in the SPS lounge before 7pm and leave at 7pm. It will be at Lail Elementary in Whitehouse, about 30 mins away. Should be back around 10pm.
- The TAA invited us to the Nov. 5 star party at Oleander park.
- Possible partnership with COSI is furthered along. We could potentially do a demo every other month.
- Our budget request of $750 was approved by the department. We were granted $1000. Thank you Dr. Lee.
- BGSU's SPS is starting up. They contacted us about a joint activity. We have invited them to the movie night on the 16th.
- Stephanie opens up the floor for activity ideas
- Dave suggests launching rockets.
- Questions about Rube were asked.
- 16 people said they were coming to movie night. We ordered 7 pizza's.
- Meeting ends
- Mini officer's meeting to discuss food for movie night
- 20mi or more minimum set for gas reimbursement with our new budget.
- Dr. Lee reminds us to obtain RECIPTS for all things we wish to get reimbursed for.
Next Meeting: Thursday, Sept.
29th, 1 PM. MH 4009 Dr. Morrison will be speaking.